What are Garment Stages?
To maximize your comfort and create the ideal healing conditions, different garments are worn throughout the healing process. Stage 1 garments are worn up to 3 weeks post-op. They have hook-and-eye detail and or zipper closures for maximum control. Stage 2 garments are pull-on, without zippers and are worn 3-8 weeks post-op. They provide all-day comfort under your clothing as foundation wear to improve skin tone and fight cellulite. Stage 3 garments are worn 8+ weeks post-op and continue to shape the body in stylish shapewear and activewear.
We recommend purchasing 2 garments for each stage, one in black and one in beige, so when one is in the wash, the other garment is available.
Benefits of compression:
- Significantly reducing Edema by compressing and flushing potentially harmful body fluids away from the skin.â€¨â€¨
- Minimising bruising by compression on small blood vessels and capillaries.â€¨â€¨
- Reducing the possible risk of infection as potentially harmful fluids are not allowed to accumulate.â€¨â€¨
- Aiding general body contouring and skin retraction by firm compression of the skin during the healing process.â€¨â€¨
- Improved comfort by compression provided support.
STAGE 1 STAGE 2 STAGE 3
up to 3 weeks 3-8 weeks 8 + weeks
post-op post-op post-op
*The wear times are recommendations based on our experience with leading physicians and their teams. Times may vary based on physician preference.